Aroma Magic Aloe Vera Sunscreen Gel Review

Hello fellows!


I am Akansha and today I am giving another actually honest review on Aroma Magic Aloe Vera Suncreen Gel. First of all, I want to start by appreciating the brand Aroma Magic by Dr. Blossom Kochhar. I am simply in love with this brand. All the products that I have so far used by Aroma Magic, there were absolutely zero that I didn't like. They use good ingredients, their products are affordable, it suits my skin! (If the products suit my horribly sensitive skin, I believe they will suit everyone's skin). I am practically obsessed with this brand. I will be giving a lot of reviews on Aroma Magic products later on. For now, let's get started with the details of this sunscreen.
Aroma Magic Aloe Vera Sunscreen Gel

PRODUCT PACKAGING:
I bought the sunscreen from Nykaa. The MRP on the tube is 310 INR and obviously since Nykaa offers beautiful discounts all the time, I got it at 257 INR. There are two options of sizes available, 50 ml for 170 INR and 100 ml for 310 INR. The sunscreen gel comes in a very creatively designed tube packaging and I personally find it very interesting. All the details are mentioned on the tube. The tube is quite handy and travel-friendly too.
Size of the tube (100 ml) with reference to my hand




INGREDIENTS:
The ingredient list contains botanical names of maximum of the ingredients. I will translate them in common language and also explain some of the peculiar ingredients.



Purified Water, Organic Beeswax, Aloevera Gel, Zinc Oxide, Avocado Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Wheat Germ Oil, Marigold Essential Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Chamomile Essential Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil, Sodium Riboflavin Phosphate, Aloevera Leaf Extract, Panthenol. 

All the ingredients used are all-natural except some. I won't be explaining the merits of essential oils because they are just so obvious. I think that ingredients like zinc oxide, sodium riboflavin phosphate and panthenol may worry you because they sound like harsh chemicals and alcohol. Actually, they are not harmful to the skin. I will explain how:

Zinc oxide works as a common astringent that prevents oil formations on the skin surface. It effectively works in drying excess oil. It is proven by dermatologists that it is safe because there are no evidences of zinc oxide penetration into the epidermis of the skin.

Sodium riboflavin phosphate is FDA approved and helps in the drying of the skin and preventing wrinkles. It does not have any negative effects which are proven by studies.

Panthenol is a chemical substance made from Vitamin B5. When absorbed into the body, it becomes vitamin B5. It is an anti-irritant agent. So, don't think that your sunscreen has alcohol in it. It's just a vitamin!

So, the ingredients used are 100 % safe and trustworthy.

HOW TO USE:
"Knead the tube with your hands and give a good shake as natural ingredients tend to separate. Apply me generously 15 minutes before sun exposure for desired protection. Use 1/2 tsp. to protect your face and 1 tbsp. to cover skin from head to toe. I am a perfect complement to your daily make up routine too." 

"CAUTION: Reapply every 90 minutes and every 30 minutes if you are doing anything active, that's causing you to work up a sweat and always after swimming."



Perfect. Just perfect. No further explanations required. See, I like this brand because it is simple and to the point. No drama, no stupid marketing, no lies! If you are someone who does makeup regularly, then apply this gel after moisturizer. It should not be applied after makeup. The instructions are easy and effective. It feels like the brand actually cares about its customers. It's just too perfect.

PRODUCT CLAIMS:
"I am 100 % free of oxybenzone, paraben, harsh chemicals, alcohol and artificial fragrance. My all mineral, gel formula creates a physical barrier between you and the sun. I am non greasy, skin friendly and enriched with wheatgerm, avocado and grapeseed oils. They provide natural sun safety, Vitamin B5, C and E prevent visible signs of ageing. Notes of calendula, peppermint and roman chamomile essential oils hydrate, soothe and reduce acne. The non-nano Zinc Oxide in me is a mineral reflector found in nature that scatters harmful rays. Aloe Vera extracts hydrate, purify and provide smart sun protection."

REALITY:
The claims of the product and the reality, both are in complete harmony with each other. I really hated using sunscreens until this one came along. I hate the horribly sticky and whitish texture of other sunscreens and that is why I wanted a gel sunscreen. This gel sunscreen is just perfect. IT DOES NOT FEEL STICKY AT ALL ! The colour of the gel is mostly transparent with a slight tinge of green colour. It spreads easily and evenly. It does not feel heavy after applying and gives a cool sensation. It is waterproof and won't run down due to sweat. It stays and protects. But since it is only SPF 20, you will need to reapply it again and again. I don't' mind the reapplying part of it since it actually refreshes the face due to its cooling attribute. However, I will definitely suggest you to wash your hands after using it and do not apply it on your lips because most people have a habit of licking their lips and the taste of this gel is horribly bitter😂. Yes, I have tasted it and trust me, you will not want to try it (ROFL!).
A small drop of sunscreen gel

PROS:
1. Protection from UVA and UVB rays
2. Non-oily (perfect for oily skin; will suit all skin types)
3. Leaves no white cast behind
4. Paraben-free
5. Safe ingredients
6. Affordable
7. Travel-friendly
8. Cruelty-free
9. Made in India

CONS:
1. Low SPF
2. Plastic packaging

Aroma Magic Vitamin C Skin Lightening Gel Review: 

God bless the reader with a healthy and glowing skin!

Comments

Popular Posts